The Yokomo BD10 1/10 4WD Electric Touring Car Kit is the next step in the progression of the Yokomo BD touring car platform, now available with an aluminum chassis for carpet applications. After thoroughly analyzing chassis movement and how it impacts handling, Yokomo engineers developed a unique center drive system to optimized the balance between the front and rear, taking advantage of weight transfer and driving torque. The increase in driveability has been achieved thanks to a combination of optimized roll center, pivot axis, pitching balance, weight distribution and other values. This helps to break the mold of modern day touring cars that have a tendency to feel nervous and peaky, with an increase in both stability and speed.
The BD10 creates more traction with the 2mm longer front and rear suspension arms, without sacrificing the minimum pitching motion that is critical for proficient cornering and speed, and yet does not lose stability throughout the corner. This helps to reduce the burden on the driver, and creates a chassis that can be driven hard with less effort.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
BD10 Features & Updates:
- Center Drive Layout: The center bulkhead layout with front and rear isometric belts increases driving stability by reducing pitching movement. The turning axis of the chassis is also slightly forward due to the weight bias, making it possible to turn quickly as the center of gravity and the turning axis come closer.
- Aluminum Main Chassis & Upper Deck: The rigidity balance is optimized due to the motor mount being closer to the front than before, increasing front grip. If you want to tune rear traction, fix the cross plate post and upper deck to increase rigidity and achieve a stable steering feel. The rigidity of the chassis can be finely set with the front cross plate post, the center motor mount, and the rear stiffener connected via the stiffener plate.
- Aluminum Motor Mount: The front side of the motor mount and both sides of the rear stiffener have a floating structure that does not touch the chassis, to prevent the twisting of the chassis when not fixed. On high-grip surfaces, chassis rigidity can be increased by fastening screws with a 0.5mm aluminum shim.
- Long Suspension Arm (2mm longer): The front and rear suspension arms are each extended by 2mm to ensure high traction. By securing the vector that moves the machine forward, the cornering speed is increased.
- Shock Cylinder Coating: The AXON designed oil shock for the BD10 features a cylinder coated with a unique HVF coating that has increased durability, allowing accurate and smooth operation to be easily maintained.
- Dual Shock O-Ring: The BD10 has adopted a dual O-ring system that sets it apart from conventional shocks. The main O-ring is supported by a thin large-diameter O-ring. By not tightening the main O-ring, the pressure in contact with the shaft is stabilized, and prevents oil leakage while maintaining smooth operation. In addition, the shaft guide also has a tapered O-ring surface to promote O-ring centering. The O-ring is an oil bleed type with oil applied in advance. By minimizing the difference between the new condition and the shape when used, the stability of the shock and the reproduction of the settings are improved.
- Center pulley (20T): The center pulley uses a large diameter 20T that does not stress the belt. It is a cantilever type with little friction like before, but the post is integrated with the motor mount, and the shaft diameter is increased to increase rigidity and drive efficiency.
- AXON Stabilizer wire (F/R): The stabilizer bar is also made by AXON. The optimum “Torsion bar spring steel” has been used to optimize torsional moment, while creating unprecedented cornering performance and stability.
- Redesigned Aluminum suspension mount (for long suspension arm)
- Redesigned Pitching control plate
- AXON Gear diff axle O ring
- 4mm Aluminum hex hub
- Super progressive spring (Front)
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- 7.4V LiPo battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body
This product was added to our catalog on March 4, 2020
There are no reviews yet.